Igor Guardiancich is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Political Science, Law, and International Studies (SPGI) of the University of Padua as well as co-director of the Institutional & Administrative Capacities Observatory, #CAPIS. He has worked in academic institutions (University of Michigan, University of Southern Denmark, Collegio Carlo Alberto, Central European University, Scuola Normale Superiore, Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies) as well as in international organizations and NGOs, such as the International Labour Organization, European Commission, European Trade Union Institute, the Observatoire social européen, and so on.
Guardiancich’s research is focused on political economy, public and social policy, European integration, transition in Central and Eastern Europe, social dialogue and industrial relations. He has published in highly ranked international peer-reviewed journals, such as European Union Politics, Governance, Journal of Common Market Studies, Regulation & Governance, Socio-Economic Review, West European Politics and several others.
Latest publications (2022):
- Guardiancich, M. Guidi and A. Terlizzi. 2022, forthcoming. Beyond the European Semester: the Supranational Evaluation Cycle for Pensions. Journal of European Social Policy.
- Guardiancich. 2022. When Political Rights Do Not Translate into Economic Power: The Rise and Fall of the Slovenian Minority’s Economy in Italy (1954-2020). Nationalities Papers, https://doi.org/10.1017/nps.2021.88
- Guardiancich and O. Molina. 2022. From Gradual Erosion to Revitalization: National Social Dialogue Institutions and Policy Effectiveness in Comparative Perspective. European Journal of Industrial Relations, 28, no. 1, 85-103.
- Meardi and I. Guardiancich. 2022. Back to the Familialist Future: The Rise of Social Policy for Ruling Populist Radical Right Parties in Italy and Poland. West European Politics, 45, no. 1, 129-153.
- Domorenok and I. Guardiancich. 2022. The Italian National Recovery and Resilience Plan: Coordination and Conditionality. Contemporary Italian Politics, https://doi.org/10.1080/23248823.2022.2046099
- Guardiancich, M. Guidi and M. Moschella. 2022. Il sistema economico fra declino e riforme. In G. Baldini and A. Pritoni (eds.), Il sistema politico italiano: Cittadini, attori e istituzioni. Milano: Mondadori Università, 61-83.