What data do we collect?
SISP and Confnow! collect the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name and email address)
• Institution for working or reasearching
• SISP conference proposals
• Details about your conference participation
How do we collect your data?
Through Confnow! systems you provide SISP databases with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online as a simple conference registered user
• Submit a paper or a panel proposal for the annual conference
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email
SISP/Confnow! may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Submissions by other papers or panels where you are registered as co-proponent, i.e. meaning your name and email are filled in.
How will we use your data?
SISP/Confnow! collect your data so that we can:
• View, list and manage your submitted papers or panels
• Email you with any needed feedback concerning the submission process as well as the acceptance process, if requested by the current conference policies
• Email you with confirmation about your registration to the conference as participant
• Forward your email and amount to pay to an external payment system (Paypal) for the only purpose of completing the payment itself
• Compile an invoice document for payments concerning conference participation
If you agree and if requested by the conference policies, SISP will share your data with external companies
so that they may offer you their services:
• Google Analytics
When SISP processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
• How do we store your data?
SISP securely stores your data through Confnow! support at SiteGround hosting servers, and specifically in a single database. Confnow! will keep your data for as long as SISP conference organizing and scientific committee will ask to do so. At any rate this will be for no more than 15 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by erasing the database.
Confnow! would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Confnow! from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “[Cancel marketing agreement]”.
• What are your data protection rights?
SISP would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request SISP for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SISP correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SISP/Confnow! erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SISP restrict the processing of your personal data, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SISP’s processing of your personal data, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SISP transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
• What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
• What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
• A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Google Analytics cookies might be use for the only purposes of tracking anonymously the browsing of our website.
• How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that SISP has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the “Garante per la protezione dei dati personali”: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org