Salary: scholarship of approx. 16.000 euro per year, renewable up to a maximum of three years.
The Network for the Advancement of Social and Political Studies (NASP) is pleased to announce that its Ph.D. Programme in Political Studies (POLS) calls for application for 7 PhD positions covered by scholarships (duration: 3 years).
Full information on how to submit applications is provided by the Call for Application. The application deadline is July 3, 2019.
The Ph.D. programme in Political Studies is based at the University of Milan and is jointly promoted by the following departments, members of NASP:
- Department of Political Sciences – DISPO (University of Genoa);
- Department of Social and Political Sciences – SPS (University of Milan);
- Department of Political and Social Sciences (University of Pavia).
The programme aims at training highly skilled professionals who can undertake research within academic institutions, think tanks and research centres, as well as provide consultancy for political, economic, public or private organizations.
The programme offers a two-levels training. First, the acquisition of a common background on the most up-to-date knowledge and methods in the field of political science and political philosophy. Second, a personalized training subdivided in four main paths of specialization.
- The path on Institutions and Public Policy focuses on the analysis of contemporary political systems and their related issues, such as the functioning of parliaments, governments, and other political institutions at the national, local and European levels, the definitions of welfare programmes, the evaluation of public policies, the processes of democratization.
- The path on International Studies aims to provide tools to interpret the international dimension of politics and the processes of mutual conditioning between the domestic and the external spheres by discussing the main themes of the theory of International Relations, and analysing the most important sub-regional systems and the main international actors’ foreign policies.
- The path on Public Opinion, Political Communication and Political Behaviour delves into the analysis of the electoral processes, of the role the main actors involved play, of their communication strategies with the citizens, and of how the latter build, express and translate into electoral behaviors their attitudes towards politics.
- The path on Political Theory offers an in-depth study of the main paradigms that orient the contemporary debate on political philosophy, normative political theory, and applied ethics, and provides the necessary competences to build political arguments, to evaluate their theoretical and practical implications, and to elaborate conceptual frameworks to treat politically relevant issues.
The programme extends over a three years period. All classes and teaching activities are in English.
Contacts: for more information on POLS Ph.D. Programme and the call for application please visit