The Italian Society of Law and Economics (ISLE – SIDE) welcomes submissions of papers on any topic regarding Law and Economics for its 15th annual conference to be held in Milan at the University of Milan (La Statale) on December 19-21, 2019.
Keynote speakers will be:
- Prof. Katharina Pistor – Columbia University
- Prof. Kaushik Basu – Cornell University
- Prof. Stefan Grundmann – European University Institute
A special workshop on Getting economists and jurists to work together: from methods to practice will be held on December 19th.
ISLE-SIDE invites contributions on all aspects related to Law and Economics, such as Bankruptcy, Behavioural Law and Economics, Competition Policy and Antitrust Law and Economics, Corporate Governance and Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Environmental Law and Economics, Constitutional law, Costitutional Political Economy & Social justice, Family Law and Economics, History of Law and Economic Thought, Institutional and New-Institutional Economics, Intellectual Property, Judicial Decision-Making, Law & Social Norms, Law and Finance, Regulation, Securities Law, and Taxation, Labour law & economics, Economic institutions for Sustainable Development, Human rights, International law and economics, the Institutional Economics of Inequalities, New theoretical approaches to law and economics.
We particularly welcome submissions by young scholars. in order to favour their participation the following initiatives will be taken:
- On the first day of the conference (Thursday 19th, afternoon) an introductory workshop will be held on Getting economists and jurists to work together: from methods to practice.
- SIDE-ISLE will award the 7th Brenno Galli Prize of 1000 Swiss Francs for the most promising paper presented by young scholars.
- The registration fee for young scholars who have registered on time and who will check-in at the registration desk during the first day of the conference (Thursday 19th) will be reduced to 50€
People from the Local Organizing Committee and the Advisory Board will select the papers to be presented at the Conference. Priority will be given to completed papers. Given the growing number of international scholars participating to the conference, we strongly encouraged scholars to submit their work in English. A draft or completed paper shall be submitted online through our website.
Submissions of organized sessions are also possible. For information please contact segreteria@side-isle.
- Paper submission deadline: September 15, 2019
- Communication of acceptance: September 27, 2019
- Final papers due by: November 10, 2019
- Early Registration: November 10, 2019 (Authors must register early otherwise they are automatically excluded from the program and students cannot reclaim partial reimbursment)
- Conference: December 19-21, 2019
Scientific Committee: Lorenzo Sacconi, Francesco Denozza, Nerina Boschiero, Matteo Rizzolli, Massimiliano Vatiero, Fabrizio Esposito
Local Organizing Commitee: Lorenzo Sacconi, Virginia Cecchini Manara, Magali’ Fia, Matteo Bonelli