The SISP membership allows to join a broad community of political scientists and social scientists.
How to become SISP members
Those who want to become SISP members have to:
a) send the application to the Secretariat (email@example.com) attaching your curriculum vitae;
b) PhD students, research fellows and subject experts must also send to the secretariat a cover letter from a professor or a university researcher who are members of the SISP.
Applications are evaluated by the Steering Committee. Only after receiving notification of acceptance it will be possible to pay the membership fee. As established by the Statute of the SISP (Article 5), the acceptance of new members is subjected to the approval of the Steering Committee. New members have the duty to read the Association’s Statute.
WARNING: Registration for the Annual Conference of the Italian Political Science Association IS NOT EQUAL to the membership of the Association.
The membership benefits
The SISP membership includes:
- the online subscription to the Rivista Italiana di Scienza Politica (Il Mulino, until 2014) / Italian Political Science Review (Cambridge University Press, since 2015)
- right to participate in the annual conference without registration costs
- right to fill the role of Section Chair at the annual conference
- receiving the monthly electronic newsletter
- free access to the RISP digital archive (1971-1992)
- opportunity to participate in the competition for the SISP awards
- opportunity to publish your profile on the SISP website
- opportunity to promote your books, call for papers, events and more through the newsletter and the SISP website
- other benefits provided by the Association
- discounts on the selling price of the following books and subscriptions:
- 20% on the selling price of books from the Cambridge University Press Publishing House
(excluding reference books: encyclopedias, handbooks and series)
- 20% on the selling price of all journals of the Cambridge University Press Publishing House
- 15% on the selling price of the political science books of the Il Mulino publishing house
- 15% on the sale price of the volumes of the series Biblioteca de “Il Pensiero politico” by the
Leo Olschki Publishing House; Editrice Il Mulino
- 15 % on the sale price of the volumes of the series Biblioteca de “Il pensiero politico” by Casa Editrice Leo Olschki
Annual Membership Fees
The basic membership fee for the SISP varies depending on the academic position and can be paid without arrears from 1 January 2024 to 31 March 2024.
After March 31, 2024, it is still possible to renew your membership, but the amount is increased by 20%, according to what established by the Members Assembly.
The membership fee DOES NOT INCLUDE the sending of hard copies of the RISP. If you wish to receive the RISP in hard copy, it is necessary to add a fee of € 20 which can be paid either by bank transfer or via PayPal together with the payment of the annual membership fee.
Retired researchers and associate professors over the age of 65, and retired full professors over the age of 70 can pay the annual fee for retired members (€ 80) or can support the SISP by paying a lifetime registration fee (€ 600). Members wishing to access this latter option are requested to contact the SISP secretariat by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To renew their membership, members must access their MySISP area, click on Check Your SISP Membership Fees and follow the guided procedure. The payment of the amount for the corresponding academic position (and optionally the contribution to receive the IPSR-RISP in paper format) can be made, again within the MySISP area, by credit card, PayPal or wire transfer by March 31 of the current year.
In case of payment made by credit card or PayPal, it will be possible to immediately download the receipt from your MySISP area.
In case of payment by wire transfer, the receipt will be produced after the member has uploaded a copy of the bank transfer and the Secretariat has validated the payment (usually within two days). Still, through MySISP it will also be possible to check your membership status for the current and the past year.
If you wish to subscribe to one of the affiliated journals, you will have to make a separate wire transfer for the amount corresponding to the cost of the subscription or pay your membership fee and the cost of the subscription with a single wire transfer, indicating “Your Surname – Registration SISP 2023 + subscription 2023 journal name” in the payment description.
NOTE: After March 31, the fee to be paid must include late payment. For the amounts of the membership fees paid by 31 March of the current year and for those including late payments, refer to the SISP Membership Fee table.